Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
- Carrot seeds are typically sown directly into well-prepared soil, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep.
- Ensure proper spacing, and keep the soil consistently moist during germination.
- Carrots thrive in loose, well-drained soil with full sunlight.
- Uses of carrots extend beyond their well-known culinary role.
- Rich in vitamins and antioxidants, they support eye health, boost the immune system, and contribute to overall well-being.
- Carrots are versatile, used in salads, soups, and snacks, offering both flavor and nutritional benefits.
- Germination: 90%
- Germination: 15-35 days
- Optimum soil temperature for germination: 55-70F
- Planting Season: Winters
- Sunlight Requirement: Full Sun
- Planting Method: Out door Sow
- Average planting success with this species: 60%