- Brand: Dera Ismail Khan
- SKU: DHAKKI-DATES-003
₨2,250.00 – ₨35,000.00 (-30%)
100000 in stock
- Plant Height 3 to 5 Feet.
- Plant Age 2.5 to 1 Year.
- Plant Fruit Duration 4 to 5 Years.
- Plant weight About 8 kg.
- Dera Ismail khan KPK
- Plantation Season June to September
**Title: Dhakki Date Plants: Cultivating the Sweetness of Nature in Your Garden**
Dhakki Dates, known for their delectable sweetness and rich flavor, are a cherished delicacy among date enthusiasts. At Plant.pk, we offer you the opportunity to cultivate your very own Dhakki Date Plants and savor the mouthwatering fruits in your garden. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover the plantation process, care, fruiting stages, common pests and diseases, and the art of harvesting Dhakki Dates.
– **Location:** Select a sunny and well-drained spot in your garden or landscape. Dhakki Date Plants thrive in full sun, so ensure they receive plenty of direct sunlight, preferably 8-10 hours daily.
– **Soil Preparation:** Dhakki Date Plants prefer well-draining, sandy or loamy soil with a pH level between 7.0 and 8.0. Amend the soil with organic matter, such as compost or well-rotted manure, to improve its quality.
– **Planting:** Dig a hole slightly larger than the root ball of the plant. Place the plant in the hole, ensuring that the root ball is level with the ground. Water thoroughly after planting.
– **Watering:** Keep the soil consistently moist during the growing season, which is typically spring and summer. Once the plants are established, reduce watering to maintain a balance between moisture and dryness.
– **Fertilization:** Apply a balanced fertilizer with a 8-8-8 NPK ratio during the growing season to provide essential nutrients for healthy growth.
– **Mulching:** Apply a layer of mulch around the base of the plant to retain soil moisture, regulate temperature, and inhibit weed growth.
– **Pruning:** Prune your Dhakki Date Plants to remove dead or diseased fronds and promote a tidy appearance.
– **Pollination:** Dhakki Date Plants require cross-pollination to bear fruit. Ensure you have both male and female plants in close proximity for successful pollination.
– **Fruit Development:** After pollination, small green fruits will begin to appear. They will mature and ripen over several months, usually in late summer or early fall.
**Pests and Diseases:**
– **Common Pests:** Dhakki Date Plants may be susceptible to pests like aphids and scale insects. Inspect your plants regularly and address infestations with appropriate treatments.
– **Fungal Diseases:** Be vigilant for signs of fungal diseases such as anthracnose or powdery mildew. Apply fungicides as a preventive measure during the growing season.
– **Fruit Appearance:** Dhakki Dates are ready for harvest when they turn a rich golden-brown color and have a sweet, caramel-like aroma. The fruit should feel soft and slightly wrinkled to the touch.
– **Harvesting Technique:** Gently cut the ripe dates from the tree using pruning shears or your fingers. Handle the fruit with care to avoid bruising.
– **Ripening:** Place the harvested dates in a cool, dark place to allow them to ripen further. Dates continue to sweeten after harvesting.
– **Storage:** Store ripe Dhakki Dates in a cool, dry place or in the refrigerator. They can be stored for several months.
Indulge in the natural sweetness of homegrown Dhakki Dates, whether you enjoy them fresh or use them in various culinary creations.
Plants will be delivered from Dera Ismail Khan
Delivery Charges Will be Applied
Nursery plant 2.5 Years, Sucker Plant 2.5 Years, Fruiting Trees 10 Years